Support SSL for Solaris 10

campos

Hi all,

Last time I installed Python 2.5 by default, it didn't support SSL.
When I tried to use HTTPS, the following error occured:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

In README file:
(a) the band-aid fix is to link the _socket module statically
rather than dynamically (which is the default).

To do this, run "./configure --with-threads=no" including any
other options you need (--prefix, etc.). Then in Modules/Setup
uncomment the lines:

#SSL=/usr/local/ssl
#_socket socketmodule.c \
# -DUSE_SSL -I$(SSL)/include -I$(SSL)/include/openssl \
# -L$(SSL)/lib -lssl -lcrypto

and remove "local/" from the SSL variable. Finally, just run
"make"!

I followed these steps. However I am puzzled with:
"remove "local/" from the SSL variable"

I tried several cases such as "/usr/ssl", "~/local/ssl", "/usr/local/
ssl"
All failed in building ssl module.

How to solve it?
Thanks in advance!

Trent Mick

campos said:
Last time I installed Python 2.5 by default, it didn't support SSL.
When I tried to use HTTPS, the following error occured:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

The ActivePython 2.5 builds for Solaris on SPARC (the "solaris8-sparc"
build) supports OpenSSL. Note that the Solaris on *x86* ActivePython
build does not because there were build errors for that extension that
haven't yet been resolved.

http://www.activestate.com/products/activepython/

Cheers,
Trent

John J. Lee

campos said:
Hi all,

Last time I installed Python 2.5 by default, it didn't support SSL.
When I tried to use HTTPS, the following error occured:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

ISTR that the sunfreeware.com 2.5 build supports that, if you have
OpenSSL installed, assuming that by "use HTTPS" you mean "use httplib
as an HTTPS client". At least, I needed the openssl package installed
for some reason like getting module md5, or some such, so I assume
that installing openssl will also give you HTTPS support in httplib.

John