Swing in Eclipse?

N Kessler

I'm kinda new to this, but I don't how to get Eclipse to show Swing
windows. Any help?

Thanks.

Stefan Rybacki

N said:
Thank you. Now I need to download Eclipse with Java EE tools.
Why. I didn't really read the article but I don't think you need the J2EE tools.
Another thing. Remember this article is very old. Consider also a google search
for something like: "Swing in SWT" and it should bring you up the by now
integrated SWT to Swing bridge and so on.

Stefan

N Kessler

Stefan said:
Why. I didn't really read the article but I don't think you need the
J2EE tools.
Another thing. Remember this article is very old. Consider also a google
search for something like: "Swing in SWT" and it should bring you up the
by now integrated SWT to Swing bridge and so on.

Stefan

OK, because I have the newest version of Eclipse (w/o EE tools) and was
not able to create a plugin project.

Arne Vajhøj

N said:
I'm kinda new to this, but I don't how to get Eclipse to show Swing
windows. Any help?

If you just want to write a Swing app using Eclipse, then you just
take a standard Eclipse for Java and write the Swing code and
it will work.

(writing an Eclipse plugin that uses Swing is more complex because
Eclipse uses SWT itself)

If you want a GUI builder you will need to get the VE plugin.

Arne