Switching between databases using hibernate

Discussion in 'Java' started by josh.s17, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. josh.s17

    josh.s17 Guest

    Hi,

    I've just starting using hibernate and have come across a problem that
    I need some help with.

    In our development environment we are planning on using hypersonic as
    our database but in our production environment we will be using oracle.

    In oracle we plan to use "sequence" as the generator for primary keys
    and for hypersonic we plan to use "identity" (both options are not
    supported by either database)

    I can't see of a way of switching between the two without having to
    change the hibernate mapping for every class. I was hoping to just
    change the SQL driver, dialect etc when switching between development
    and test and not have to change any source code or mapping files. Has
    anyone come across this problem before and have a more elegant way to
    solve this problem.

    thanks
    Josh

    josh.s17, Aug 4, 2006