symbol reference error while linking the object files

Nadia

Hi,
I am having the symbol reference error while linking the object
files. I have added the library at the end of the commmand .

g++ -D_XWIN -DRT_DIAG=cerr -DRT_INFO=cerr -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
simex AuxFctns.o CompList.o Composed.o Event.o FandCOp.o IconDraw.o
Pane.o \
Ph1.o Ph2.o Ph3.o Ph4.o Ph4Run.o Ph5.o RTSigSup.o RunTime.o SchCell.o
Schmtc.o \
ScrnTile.o Signal.o Sim.o SkewHeap.o SupDisp.o SupProbe.o SwList.o
Tab.o Transit.o \
Window.o WindowEv.o WindowIn.o addStCmp.o cmdLine.o getopt.o iconData.o
lbPh1.o \
lbRT.o lsiPh1.o lsiRT.o main.o msiPh1.o msiRT.o sbPh1.o sbRT.o
simnet.o ssiPh1.o\ ssiRT.o vlsiPh1.o vlsiRT.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib-1X11
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Artie Gold

^
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

You've not only succeeded in asking a question about the operation of a
particular compiler/linker combination (off topic here), you're also
asking about the linking of C++ code (off topic here).

Try (or look at the typo above, assuming that line
wrapping hasn't messed up the formatting).

-ag

Keith Thompson

Nadia said:
I am having the symbol reference error while linking the object
files. I have added the library at the end of the commmand .

g++ -D_XWIN -DRT_DIAG=cerr -DRT_INFO=cerr -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
simex AuxFctns.o CompList.o Composed.o Event.o FandCOp.o IconDraw.o
Pane.o \
Ph1.o Ph2.o Ph3.o Ph4.o Ph4Run.o Ph5.o RTSigSup.o RunTime.o SchCell.o
Schmtc.o \
ScrnTile.o Signal.o Sim.o SkewHeap.o SupDisp.o SupProbe.o SwList.o
Tab.o Transit.o \
Window.o WindowEv.o WindowIn.o addStCmp.o cmdLine.o getopt.o iconData.o
lbPh1.o \
lbRT.o lsiPh1.o lsiRT.o main.o msiPh1.o msiRT.o sbPh1.o sbRT.o
simnet.o ssiPh1.o\ ssiRT.o vlsiPh1.o vlsiRT.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib-1X11
Any help will be appreciated.

g++ is a C++ compiler. comp.lang.c++ is down the hall on the left,
just past the water cooler. But it's not clear that your question
would be topical there either; you might have better luck in a
newsgroup for your operating system (comp.unix.programmer?) or perhaps
comp.os.linux.x or one of the comp.windows.x newsgroups.

But I doubt that anyone is going to be able to help you unless you
show them the actual error messages you got.

CBFalconer

Nadia said:
I am having the symbol reference error while linking the object
files. I have added the library at the end of the commmand .

g++ -D_XWIN -DRT_DIAG=cerr -DRT_INFO=cerr -I/usr/X11R6/include -o

.... snip incomprehensible contextless junk. ...

All usenet articles need to stand by themselves. Without context
they are meaningless. Most readers cannot see, or may never have
received, earlier articles in the thread. For means of creating
suitable posts with the foully broken google interface to usenet,
see my sig. below. PLEASE READ the referenced URLs.

I believe you have been told this before. Continuing to ignore the
advice will only result in plonking (which means ignoring) you by
those most able to assist.

Also see http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Martin Ambuhl

Nadia said:
Hi,
I am having the symbol reference error while linking the object
files. I have added the library at the end of the commmand .

g++ -D_XWIN -DRT_DIAG=cerr -DRT_INFO=cerr -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
[etc.]

g++ is a C++ compiler. That would suggest that your question is
off-topic in comp.lang.c. Your question is about using a particular
compiler; that *does* make it off-topic. There are gnu newsgroups for
questions about gnu software.

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer said:
... snip incomprehensible contextless junk. ...

All usenet articles need to stand by themselves. Without context
they are meaningless. Most readers cannot see, or may never have
received, earlier articles in the thread. For means of creating
suitable posts with the foully broken google interface to usenet,
see my sig. below. PLEASE READ the referenced URLs.

I believe you have been told this before. Continuing to ignore the
advice will only result in plonking (which means ignoring) you by
those most able to assist.

Look again, Chuck. Nadia's article wasn't a followup. According to
groups.google.com, she's posted a grand total of two original articles
and *no* followups to comp.lang.c, so it's unlikely she's ever been
personally told how to post proper followups via groups.google.com.

And she's already been advised to ask her question elsewhere.

Kenneth Brody

Keith said:
Nadia said:
I am having the symbol reference error while linking the object
files. I have added the library at the end of the commmand .

g++ -D_XWIN -DRT_DIAG=cerr -DRT_INFO=cerr -I/usr/X11R6/include -o [...]
simnet.o ssiPh1.o\ ssiRT.o vlsiPh1.o vlsiRT.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib-1X11
Any help will be appreciated.

g++ is a C++ compiler. comp.lang.c++ is down the hall on the left, [...]
But I doubt that anyone is going to be able to help you unless you
show them the actual error messages you got.

Sure they can... The error is on line 42. :)