Synthesis of functions in Quartus

FPGA

Hello all,

I have a bunch of functions I would like to synthesize on Quartus.
These are going to be part of a library. I would like to get resource
utilization of each function. The functions are generic.
My questions are
1) Do I have to write an entity for the synthesis of each function or
Can I just pasts individual functions in a .vhdl file to get the
resource estimation of each function
2) Since the functions are generic, would we get resource estimation
for worst case resources used? eg : if i have a generic function for
an adder, would it estimate resource utilization for a 1 bit adder or
maximum possible adder.

Thanks a bunch

Mike Treseler

FPGA said:
I have a bunch of functions I would like to synthesize on Quartus.

That would be a bunch of design entities.
Functions return values only and are collected in a package.
These are going to be part of a library. I would like to get resource
utilization of each function. The functions are generic.

All of the generics must have a default value for synthesis.

-- Mike Treseler

FPGA

That would be a bunch of design entities.
Functions return values only and are collected in a package.

All of the generics must have a default value for synthesis.

       -- Mike Treseler

I appreciate your help. Thank you