System.IO - file listing on another server

Seth Williams

What do I need to take into consideration when, on an ASP.Net website, to
get a file listing (I already have the code) from a another network server?

Currently I get an 'Access to path denied' message

Alex Meleta

Hi Seth,

This security issue means that aspnet_wp.exe process runs under a the security
context of the ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6. This account
is not having access permissions on the file system. So you either need to
give file access permissions to the folder(s) for ASP.NET account or impersonating
via <identity impersonate="true"/> or specifing certain identity.

Regards, Alex