'System.ServiceModel/ServiceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sachin, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. Sachin

    Sachin Guest

    Hi All,

    I deployed an ASP.NET Web Service on Server1 and it worked fine.
    However when I deployed the same Web Service on Server2 I am getting the
    following error,

    The 'System.ServiceModel/ServiceHostingEnvironment' configuration section
    cannot be created.
    The Machin.config file is missing information.
    Verify that this configuration section is properly registered and that you
    have correctly splled the section name.
    For Windoes Communication Foundation sections, run ServiceModelReg.exe -i to
    fix this error.

    I never saw this error. What could be wrong?

    Any pointer?

    Thanks in advance
    Sachin

    Sachin, Jun 5, 2007

  2. Verify the version of ASP.NET.

    aspnet_regiis -ls
    aspnet_regiis -i
    etc...

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 5, 2007

  3. Sachin

    Sachin Guest

    On both server its .NET 2.0

    Sachin, Jun 5, 2007
  4. Did you installed the .NET 3.0 on the Server2?

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 5, 2007
  5. Sachin

    Sachin Guest

    No.

    This is what I get at the bottom of the error page.

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50727.210

    Sachin, Jun 5, 2007
  6. re:
    !> This is what I get at the bottom of the error page.
    !> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.42;
    !> ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

    That looks like a W2K3 R2 install on Server2. Is it ?

    Is it the same version which is installed on Server1 ?

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 5, 2007
  7. I don't know what your service does, but Windows Communication
    Foundation required .NET 3.0

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 6, 2007