'System.ServiceModel/ServiceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created.

Sachin

Hi All,

I deployed an ASP.NET Web Service on Server1 and it worked fine.
However when I deployed the same Web Service on Server2 I am getting the
following error,

The 'System.ServiceModel/ServiceHostingEnvironment' configuration section
cannot be created.
The Machin.config file is missing information.
Verify that this configuration section is properly registered and that you
have correctly splled the section name.
For Windoes Communication Foundation sections, run ServiceModelReg.exe -i to
fix this error.

I never saw this error. What could be wrong?

Any pointer?

Thanks in advance
Sachin

Guest

Hi All,

I deployed an ASP.NET Web Service on Server1 and it worked fine.
However when I deployed the same Web Service on Server2 I am getting the
following error,

The 'System.ServiceModel/ServiceHostingEnvironment' configuration section
cannot be created.
The Machin.config file is missing information.
Verify that this configuration section is properly registered and that you
have correctly splled the section name.
For Windoes Communication Foundation sections, run ServiceModelReg.exe -i to
fix this error.

I never saw this error. What could be wrong?

Any pointer?

Thanks in advance
Sachin

Verify the version of ASP.NET.

aspnet_regiis -ls
aspnet_regiis -i
etc...

Sachin

No.

This is what I get at the bottom of the error page.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.210

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> This is what I get at the bottom of the error page.
!> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.42;
!> ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

That looks like a W2K3 R2 install on Server2. Is it ?

Is it the same version which is installed on Server1 ?