VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.7.1 cannot be created

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    When I click on File > New > New Project on the VS.NET 2003 menu, I get the
    normal window asking me what type of project I would like to create. After
    choosing the ASP.NET Web Application, I click on "OK". I get an error message
    stating:
    "Microsoft Development Environment Object with program ID
    VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.7.1 cannot be created."

    There is an OK and Help button, when I click on Help I get a Help window
    with the message:
    Object with program ID <number> cannot be created.
    The class string you are trying to use is not valid. This message is an
    operating system error. To correct this error, Re-install Visual Studio or
    the affected application and try again.

    Why is this so ? I can still open my old solution and project files but I
    cannot create any new projects anymore. I can still create a new solution,
    but not new projects. Is there any way of repairing this error without having
    to re-install VS again ?

    I am trying to remember what I changed to suddenly get this error, I think
    it is when I updated my WindowXP Service Pack II. Anyone else here have this
    similar problem ?

    Thanks,
    Andrew

    Guest, Nov 9, 2005