System.Web Not Found

Ryan Nash

I've got an ASP.NET app that is running just fine on a
production IIS server. I needed to setup a development
server to test some changes that are being made to the
app. I tried to copy the production server as closely as
I could. Same version of W2k Server, same version of
the .NET SDK, mimicked all the setting in IIS that I
could find. But the app still won't run on the new box.
I keep getting a Configuration Error, "File or assembly
name System.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not
found." I know the correct version of System.Web is
installed. I can got to the %system_dir%\assembly\
folder and look at it.

Is there a service or something that I forgot to turn
on? It seems like I'm not even getting off the ground
here. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan

Thomas R

Ryan,

Depending on how you deployed the project, you may need to go and add a
reference to System.Web from the Project / Add Reference... / .Net Tab from
within VS.Net on the development server and recompile. Dunno if this is the
case though. I had similar problems once!

Thomas Regin.

Ryan Nash

Thanks for the reply, Thomas.

I should have mentioned in my first post that I just
copied and pasted the wwwroot folder from the old server
to the new one. This application was written a few years
ago by folks who are no longer at the company, so digging
up all the source might be a challange. If I can find
it, I'll try recompiling and see if that does the trick.

Thanks!
Ryan