TableAdapter, Insert, and Datatype

Yin99

I'm using TableAdapter with .NET 2.0 and SQL 2005.

In SQL Database, a column's type is "float".

Default TableAdapter methods update, insert, get, etc. maps this
automatically to c# type "double"

Question- Why is it when I create a new SQL Query, Insert Method,
all of a sudden the tableadapter is calling the variable "float" when
the default Insert method to tableadapter it is "double" ? What is
going on? Thanks,

Yin