Tables for browser neutrality

Chakra

With the code that you looked at: do the authors explicitly say they use
table to accomplish browser neutrality? It may be their intention, but I
doubt whether that's what they actually achieve. Maybe their pages render
similarly on the major PC browsers, but handhelds too?

Just my 2c worth. Don't concern yourself with pixel perfect similarity
between browsers. Just render interesting content in a presentable layout.
Mark the logical elements as css classes and let stylsheets do the
positioning.

Tables should be used to present tabular content, like an adress list.

Don't forget to change the Browser Caps section of the web.config so that
the html output is suitable for each browser type.