TCL/TK 8.4 for Windows

Ian Hobson

Hi,

How can I get the 8.4 version of TCL/TK installed to work with my
version of Ruby?

I have installed Ruby for windows, and it appears to be 1.8.1-10 Ruby
with 8.3 TCL/TK - so no TkPanedWindows.

x = TkPanedWindow.new(root) gives a

invalid command name `panedwindow' (NameError) ,

in tk_call

Or do I have another alternative?

Many thanks

Ian

Osuka Adartse

Ian said:
Hi,

How can I get the 8.4 version of TCL/TK installed to work with my
version of Ruby?

I have installed Ruby for windows, and it appears to be 1.8.1-10 Ruby
with 8.3 TCL/TK - so no TkPanedWindows.

x = TkPanedWindow.new(root) gives a

invalid command name `panedwindow' (NameError) ,

in tk_call

Or do I have another alternative?

Many thanks

Ian
If compiling isn't bother, you could use mingw AFAIK it's compatible
with MSVC binaries or recompile ruby and libs with it(better have a bit
o' time, not much really), I have tcl/tk8.4.4 working, btw I use
MinGW-3.0.0-rc2, with the latest version(3.1.0-1) couldn't compile tcl/tk.

www.mingw.org