TEILite CSS Stylesheet

Raphael Goubet

Hello,

Has anyone ever written a complete CSS Stylesheet for the TEILite XML
DTD?

Thanks in advance.

Raphael

sylvain.loiseau

Has anyone ever written a complete CSS Stylesheet for
the TEILite XML DTD?

I'm not sure writing a CSS stylesheet for TEI document is a good idea:
you should consider first transforming the XML TEI document, which is
a complete format, into a rendition format (like XHTML) using XSLT,
and then (optionnaly) use CSS.

In fact there is such a XSLT stylesheet collection, for transformation
from TEI to HTML, available on the TEI website:
http://www.tei-c.org/Stylesheets/teixsl.html

Sylvain

Raphael Goubet

I'm not sure writing a CSS stylesheet for TEI document is a good idea:
you should consider first transforming the XML TEI document, which is
a complete format, into a rendition format (like XHTML) using XSLT,
and then (optionnaly) use CSS.

Actually, I'm looking for a CSS stylesheet for use with XXE. There is
none included with the software, as is the case for DocBook.

Also, in my experience, CSS stylesheets are a very convenient,
although limited way of previewing an XML document while authoring the
document. It's sufficient when there is no real transformation
involved (ie, data manipulation, such as sorting).