Text file INCLUDE with no line breaks

dmiller23462

Hi again guys....

This is my first source of help, by far the best ASP intellectual
collective....Thanks in advance for any assistance...Anyway....

The forms I'm still working on (finishing touches) have one issue that
I've found in my testing....

I have online submission forms that email to a party and then also
append to a plain-text file. I have a link to an "archive" which is
just an ASP page with the top border and bottom border and then the
text file referenced as an "INCLUDE". The page displays beautifully,
showing the text file exactly like I want but the only issue is field
containing the text area for additional information has the
possibility to be several hundred characters. If I have no way to
break up the text it's VERY ugly to look at. Is there a way that I can
format the text that is being appended from the HTML fields to insert
a <BR> automatically after so many characters on one line? (Please
take note of the "explanation" field to get an idea of my potential
problem....

Code for the area of my ASP form that writes to the text file is as
follows;

*****START OF CODE SNIPPET*****

textfile.writeline "Name :" & Request.form("from")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Ext :" & Request.form("ext")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Consumer Name :" & Request.form("conname")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Company Name :" & Request.form("compname")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Address :" & Request.form("address")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "City / State/ Zip :" &
Request.form("citystatezip")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Phone Number :" & Request.form("phonenumber")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Consumer / Repair Order Number :" &
Request.form("conrepnumber")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Subject :" & Request.form("subject")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Explanation :" & Request.form("explanation")
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "Date/Time Received :" & FormatDateTime(Now)
textfile.writeline "<BR>"
textfile.writeline "*****"
textfile.writeline "<BR>"

*****END OF CODE SNIPPET****

Now THIS is what the ASP page displays with the preceding code...All
information was test info I populated the HTML fields with to test the
page...

****START OF ASP PAGE OUTPUT****

Name :Joseph Josephs
Ext :1234
Consumer Name :Test Consumer
Company Name :Test and Co.
Address :1234 Testing Lane
City / State/ Zip :Jax, FL 32218
Phone Number :123-456-7890
Consumer / Repair Order Number :None
Subject :Back Order
Explanation :Test of writing to text file and inserting line breaks
for readability.
Date/Time Received :6/14/2004 3:42:34 PM
*****

****END OF ASP PAGE****