Text Format String - Please help

Eddy Soeparmin

Hi,

I need to display a DateTime field in 'mm/dd/yyyy' in a DataGrid.. On
myGrid1 - Properties - Columns - myColumn1 - Text format string:

I tried to put 'mm/dd/yyyy' in there and it displays 'mm/dd/yyyy' in stead
of '04/10/2001'. I know I didn't do it right. Please let me know what's the
correct way to display a 'mm/dd/yyyy' format for a DateTime coulmn.

Thanks.

Eddy

Eddy Soeparmin

Hi Vincent,
make sure ur page Culture is set right
I don't really understand what you mean by that, would you please explain
more specific in detail? I'm very new in this area. Is there something that
I have to do in VS.Net? or IE? Please advice.

Thanks.

Brian Smith

Eddy,

I found myself having this problem the other day and
couldn't find any documentation in the MSDN other than for
numbers. Here is what you need to put in the format
string:

{0:mm/dd/yyyy}

Also,

http://asp.net/ is a really good site for anything related
to ASP .NET or .NET in general. The people in the Forums
there are very helpful and usually can answer my questions
within an hour.

Charlie Nilsson [MSFT]

Vincent,
Try using the format "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}". Also, check the Help section within
the DataGrid Property Builder dialog box. It will provide you with more
information about the format modifiers.

Charlie Nilsson [msft]
Visual Studio Update

originated.
--------------------

Eddy Soeparmin

Thanks Brian, Charlie,

When applying that format, it displays 00/09/1999 instead of 07/09/1999. I
will look at the http://asp.net/ and DataGrid Property Builder dialog box.

Eddy

From: "Eddy Soeparmin" <[email protected]>
Subject: Text Format String - Please help
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:03:09 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Hi,

I need to display a DateTime field in 'mm/dd/yyyy' in a DataGrid.. On
myGrid1 - Properties - Columns - myColumn1 - Text format string:

I tried to put 'mm/dd/yyyy' in there and it displays 'mm/dd/yyyy' in stead
of '04/10/2001'. I know I didn't do it right. Please let me know what's the
correct way to display a 'mm/dd/yyyy' format for a DateTime coulmn.

Thanks.

Eddy

Eddy Soeparmin

Hi Brian,

I finally get it to work now. Earlier I got 00/09/1999 instead of 07/09/1999
because I'm using {0:mm/dd/yyyy}. It's case sensitive, and it must be
{0:MM/dd/yyyy}.

Thanks.

Eddy

John G

Eddy Soeparmin said:
Hi,

I need to display a DateTime field in 'mm/dd/yyyy' in a DataGrid.. On
myGrid1 - Properties - Columns - myColumn1 - Text format string:

I tried to put 'mm/dd/yyyy' in there and it displays 'mm/dd/yyyy' in stead
of '04/10/2001'. I know I didn't do it right. Please let me know what's the
correct way to display a 'mm/dd/yyyy' format for a DateTime coulmn.

Thanks.

Eddy

try {0:d} in the datafomatstring property

John