Text lookup in remote url ?

Chops

Hi All.

This has got me stumped

Is there a way that we can search a remote web page for a specific line of
text?
We can check if a specific URL exist using the "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP" object
witch works just fine, but is there anyway we can search the page for text
using this same object.

Thanks for the help

Joe

Ken Schaefer

You can use that component to issue a GET request for the page, and analyse
the response (ie search through the text that's returned, presumably between
the <body></body> tags)

Cheers
Ken

: Hi All.
:
: This has got me stumped
:
: Is there a way that we can search a remote web page for a specific line of
: text?
: We can check if a specific URL exist using the "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP"
object
: witch works just fine, but is there anyway we can search the page for text
: using this same object.
:
: Thanks for the help
:
: Joe
:
:

Ken Schaefer

Try google.com

(eg use ServerXMLHTTP withASP)

Cheers
Ken

: Thanks Ken
:
: Do you know of anywhere i can get an example bit of code?
:
:
: Regards
: