TextArea height is too much

affiliateian

Just used this in a Wordpress Page but the result is a big (height
wise) textarea, much greater than rows="4":

<textarea name="text" cols="28" rows="4">

Perhaps it's something in the Wordpress Theme? How do I go about
shortening this textarea?

Any help would be appreciated.

Leif K-Brooks

Just used this in a Wordpress Page but the result is a big (height
wise) textarea, much greater than rows="4":

<textarea name="text" cols="28" rows="4">

Perhaps it's something in the Wordpress Theme? How do I go about
shortening this textarea?

URL?

Benjamin Niemann

It's sitting locally so can't upload entire Wordpress site yet. Anyone
else?

Open the problem page, use the 'save document with external files' function
of your browser, however it is called, to create a copy of this document
including all JS, CSS, images, .. that are used by it and upload these
files to a public location.

My blind guess is that the height of the textarea is set in the CSS.

affiliateian

Benjamin said:
My blind guess is that the height of the textarea is set in the CSS.

Hi Ben,

I am guessing that too. Do you know how I can create a new id or class
for this table / textarea and use it for our contact form? I would need
help with both the syntax in teh CSS file and in the HTML where I
surround the text area with a div tag perhaps? Any guidance would be
appreciated.

affiliateian

Hi Ben,

I am guessing that too. Do you know how I can create a new id or class
for this table / textarea and use it for our contact form? I would need
help with both the syntax in teh CSS file and in the HTML where I
surround the text area with a div tag perhaps? Any guidance would be
appreciated.

Anyone care to give some tips on the syntax for the above? Or a link to
a tutorial?