Textbox Databinding

Peter Ramsebner

Hi,
how can i bind a textbox to a Datasource (for example a EntityDataSource)?

My DataSource possesses a lot of fields which should be updatable. I don't
like to use the FormView Control because it seems to be difficult to arrange
the Fields indipendently.

Thanks for help in advance.
Peter

Jesse Houwing

Hello Peter,
Hi,
how can i bind a textbox to a Datasource (for example a
EntityDataSource)?
My DataSource possesses a lot of fields which should be updatable. I
don't like to use the FormView Control because it seems to be
difficult to arrange the Fields indipendently.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're trying to do, but if it's somehow
showing the contents of one row or object in a multiline textbox and parse
back the results, there is no way to do that with just the default framework
classes... Sorry.

If it's something else you're trying to do, please explain in further detail...

Peter Ramsebner

Hello Jesse,

my database table has a lot of fields, and i want to display all of the
fields (for each field a textbox) for editing.

Peter