Thanks

J

Jay

John,

I actually figured out what I need to do in the render method and that is call the method Add AttributesToRender. This will add to any element (in my case table) all the attributes that have been set in the properties window. You can also override that method and add additional fixed properties.

My question to you: Is there anyway to get the source code for the .NET framework. I could have figure this out long ago if I could have looked at the source code for some other controls. Even looking at just the render method you sent me was very instructive.

Thanks for your help.

Jay Lindsay

J

John Saunders

Jay, take a look at the following, from MSDN:

The Shared Source CLI Implementation (SSCLI)

The Microsoft Shared Source CLI Implementation is an implementation of the CLI specification developed by Microsoft for research, teaching, developer education, and new CLI implementers. The links provided here will help you get up to speed on the CLI and the Microsoft SSCLI.

The Microsoft Shared Source CLI Implementation
The Microsoft Shared Source CLI Implementation is a file archive containing working source code for the ECMA-334 (C#) and ECMA-335 (Common Language Infrastructure, or CLI) standards. These standards together represent a substantial subset of what is available in the Microsoft .NET Framework.
The Microsoft Shared Source CLI Implementation Refresh
The refreshed Microsoft Shared Source CLI Implementation source archive unpacks and builds on both the Microsoft Windows XP and FreeBSD operating systems and provides improvements to the Rotor experience, including better debugging, documentation and samples, build environment and tools enhancements, and bug fixes.
Rotor: Shared Source CLI Provides Source Code for a FreeBSD Implementation of .NET
This article discusses some of the things you can learn from the source code facsimile of the CLR, such as how JIT compilation works. It will also help you understand how to control execution along with debugging and loading classes.

--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

John,

I actually figured out what I need to do in the render method and that is call the method Add AttributesToRender. This will add to any element (in my case table) all the attributes that have been set in the properties window. You can also override that method and add additional fixed properties.

My question to you: Is there anyway to get the source code for the ..NET framework. I could have figure this out long ago if I could have looked at the source code for some other controls. Even looking at just the render method you sent me was very instructive.

Thanks for your help.

Jay Lindsay

Ask a Question