The best way to package a Python module?

js

Hi list,

I'm trying to build a package for python modules.
When I just wanted to have a package for Python2.5, this is an easy task,
but in most cases, it's not enough.
Sometimes I need python2.4, 2.5, 2.6 or 3.0 etc.

The problem is coming from the fact that python installs its modules
into version-independent place as follow.

$prefix/lib/python2.4/site-package/
$prefix/lib/python2.5/site-package/

For this, I have to create a package for each version.
Let's say if I need a module called "spam" and installed spam with python2.5.
The files would be installed in $prefix/lib/python2.5/site-package/.
It only usable from python2.5.

When I need it for python2.4, I have to prepare the same package for python2.4,
the only difference is the place it installed.

This is the problem I'm having now.
How can I avoid this redundant work?
Any advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!