The clc wiki

Richard Heathfield

I was recently asked about that old "K&R Answers" site I tried to maintain a
few years back before Real Life got in the way. I directed the enquirer
(who had expressed an interest in helping to maintain it) to
http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/ which had taken the weight of that task off my
hands.

This morning I received an email from my correspondent, saying the site
appeared to be dead. I tried to connect to it myself just a moment ago, and
the connection was refused.

Is the site asleep, slightly unwell, pining for the fjords, or dead as a
Norwegian Blue? Does the server need a good kicking? Some people rely on
that site (e.g. as the target of Web links), so I think we should be told.

santosh

I was recently asked about that old "K&R Answers" site I tried to maintain a
few years back before Real Life got in the way. I directed the enquirer
(who had expressed an interest in helping to maintain it) tohttp://clc-wiki.net/wiki/which had taken the weight of that task off my
hands.

This morning I received an email from my correspondent, saying the site
appeared to be dead. I tried to connect to it myself just a moment ago, and
the connection was refused.

Is the site asleep, slightly unwell, pining for the fjords, or dead as a
Norwegian Blue? Does the server need a good kicking? Some people rely on
that site (e.g. as the target of Web links), so I think we should be told.

As far as I can tell, the site seems unavailable for more than a month
now.

Wasn't "Flash Gordon" hosting the site?

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
I was recently asked about that old "K&R Answers" site I tried to maintain a
few years back before Real Life got in the way. I directed the enquirer
(who had expressed an interest in helping to maintain it) to
http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/ which had taken the weight of that task off my
hands.

This morning I received an email from my correspondent, saying the site
appeared to be dead. I tried to connect to it myself just a moment ago, and
the connection was refused.

Is the site asleep, slightly unwell, pining for the fjords, or dead as a
Norwegian Blue? Does the server need a good kicking? Some people rely on
that site (e.g. as the target of Web links), so I think we should be told.

I asked about this on December 14; it's been down for a while.
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_frm/thread/f62d004fdc5e75bc/>

Flash Gordon

Richard Heathfield wrote, On 24/01/07 06:30:
I was recently asked about that old "K&R Answers" site I tried to maintain a
few years back before Real Life got in the way. I directed the enquirer
(who had expressed an interest in helping to maintain it) to
http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/ which had taken the weight of that task off my
hands.

This morning I received an email from my correspondent, saying the site
appeared to be dead. I tried to connect to it myself just a moment ago, and
the connection was refused.

Is the site asleep, slightly unwell, pining for the fjords, or dead as a
Norwegian Blue? Does the server need a good kicking? Some people rely on
that site (e.g. as the target of Web links), so I think we should be told.

Sorry, I had internet connection problems when I was in India and the
site fell apart. I'm sorting out alternative hosting on a proper hosted
server (the server is up and running, I just need to migrate the site),
but it's not quite there yet. If I get my work load down to a sensible
level I'll try and get it up this evening.

Richard Heathfield

Flash Gordon said:
If I get my work load down to a sensible
level I'll try and get it up this evening.

Fabulous news. Thanks for the update, Flash.

Flash Gordon

Richard Heathfield wrote, On 25/01/07 03:07:
Keith Thompson said:

Still down (03:00GMT 25th Jan). I guess Dr Zarkov is working him too hard.

Ming is truly merciless and as a result my workload is terrible.
However, it does include a lot of C coding...

I got everything but two files on to the machine. I'm copying those now
and sorting out the configuration, so watch this space ' '.

Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon wrote, On 25/01/07 17:32:
Richard Heathfield wrote, On 25/01/07 03:07:

Ming is truly merciless and as a result my workload is terrible.
However, it does include a lot of C coding...

I got everything but two files on to the machine. I'm copying those now
and sorting out the configuration, so watch this space ' '.

It's not pretty or fast currently, but it is back up at
http://www.clc-wiki.net/

Sorry for the slight change in URL, we will try to get it working on
http://clc-wiki.net/ as well as www. Also sorry for the long outage. It
is now hosted on a real hosted server in a proper data centre on the end
of a real internet connection, so this should not happen again.

Netocrat, if you see this you should be able to ssh on to
www.clc-wiki.net with your private key now so you can start helping me
try to get it fully functional. I'll ping you an email with other details.

If anyone else wants to help on the server side then ping me an email.

Also email me if you want an email address @clc-wiki.net, free virus and
spam checking thrown in with each free email account ;-) It only tags
spam and viruses, does not delete them, although I can manually set up
whatever server side filtering people want on a per-user basis.

Flash Gordon

CBFalconer wrote, On 28/01/07 03:45:
Flash Gordon wrote:
... snip ...

It is not accessible under that. Delete the "www." and it is.

Seems to work either way for me, and no I am not in the same network as
the server. Perhaps there was a DNS glitch.

Richard Heathfield

Flash Gordon said:
CBFalconer wrote, On 28/01/07 03:45:

Seems to work either way for me, and no I am not in the same network as
the server. Perhaps there was a DNS glitch.

Perhaps. It was certainly not working on www a day or two ago (I know
because I tried it), but it does seem to be working now.

Laird Shaw

Flash said:
CBFalconer wrote, On 28/01/07 03:45:

Seems to work either way for me, and no I am not in the same network as
the server. Perhaps there was a DNS glitch.

Yes, I made changes when we moved to a new IP but both domains should
resolve OK now.