The FAQ re Google

Dr John Stockton

<FAQENTRY>

Google is sufficiently pervasive nowadays that, ISTM, we should have two
Google subsections (2.x, 2.y) - rough first draft :-

2.x Search Engines and the Web.
-------------------------------
Many Web sites dealing with Javascript can be found by searching with
search engines such as Google, AltaVista, etc. Be aware that the
material presented in "collections" sites is of very varying age and
quality; and that code found in actual use on the Web can be even worse.

2.x Google Groups.
------------------
Newsgroups are much older; traditional interface is better.
<Transfer or cite Section 2.11 (Archives)>

<To 2.3>When continuing a discussion, don't start a new thread.

<From 2.3> If posting through <a href="groups.google.com"Google</a>
don't use the "Reply" link at the bottom of the article; instead, use
"Show Options" at the top of the article and then click the "Reply"
option exposed there. This automatically includes the quote of the
preceding message to be edited down as described ... .

===

In FAQ 3.2, I see
Microsoft's Windows Scripting Host Newsgroup:-
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
It's a newsgroup; the prime reference should be
(a) (b) server>microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
with Google as a poor third. Cf. FAQ 2.2 para 4.

Matt Kruse

Dr said:
<FAQENTRY>
Google is sufficiently pervasive nowadays that, ISTM, we should have
two Google subsections (2.x, 2.y) - rough first draft :-

You may also wish to include a link to my "Javascript Knowledge Base Search"
page at
http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/search/
since it is an easy and quick way to search many sites and post authors
commonly recommended in this group.