The type or namespace name could not be found

Mike

I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
"in my source code".

The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the aspx.

I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind. APSPDFLib
gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a script
block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.

Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

Many thanks

Mike

Guest

I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
"in my source code".

The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the aspx.

I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind. APSPDFLib
gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a script
block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.

Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

Many thanks

Mike

Go to Solution Explorer, References and add the reference to this
DLL.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Mike said:
I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
"in my source code".

The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the
aspx.

I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind.
APSPDFLib gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method
in a script block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the
error.

Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

It's always the way...

I found out what to do about 3 mins after clicking send. Right clicking in
the Bin folder offers an invitation to Add Reference...

I found the component listed on the COM tab, so chose it, and VWD has kindly
created Interop.ASPPDFLib.dll for me. All works without build errors.