The type or namespace name could not be found

vncntj

I've tested this project locally, by running it
http://localhost:1436/Data/gift.aspx and everything is perfect. But if
it onto the remote server I get "The type or namespace name could not
be found"

this is my gift.aspx.cs
***************************************
using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using CampaignsTableAdapters;

public partial class gift : System.Web.UI.Page
tcampaignsTableAdapter campaignsAdapter = new
tcampaignsTableAdapter();
CampaignGI.DataSource = campaignsAdapter.GetCampaigns();
CampaignGI.DataBind();

this is my gift.aspx
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="gift.aspx.cs"
Inherits="gift" %>
<asp:DropDownList ID="CampaignGI" runat="Server"
DataTextField="Campaign" DataValueField="Campaign" />&nbsp;&nbsp;

I've read other post on the topic, but I don't understand compiling and
the dll approach to the solution

thanks in advance,

vncntj

Thanks for your reply. I don't think its registered, but I'm not sure
how I can test to see if it is?

Guest

When you say you move this to remote machine, are you trying to develop
there, or just run it from there?

If no development environment then look into your bin directory on the
remote machine (after you have copied the project files there). Although this
component may have been "installed" on your local dev machine, when compiled
in VS I believe a dll for this object should have been placed in the bin dir.
Then when you copy it to the remote machine, it will be available.

If you have dev environment on remote then you can open project there and
add a reference to the component if it is installed on that machine. If it is
installed, it will show up in the list after clicking "Add Reference".

Hope something here helps
Jeff

vncntj

J,
Thanks,
I'm working on the files locally and then copying them to a remote
machine. I think I follow when you say "Add Reference". But this is
where I get a little lost. Is there something specific that I'm
supposed to be looking for in the "Add Reference".

Secondly, what files should be located in my bin directory.

Lastly, when you speak of dll's, are you referring to the dll's that I
would add under "Add Reference"?

Thanks,

vncntj

J,
I've been playing around a little with this and I think I follow. When
I click on the bin folder on the solution explorer, I can "Add
Reference". What dll should I be looking for? Should it be something
related to the namespace I declared?

The namespace was called "CampaignsTableAdapters"

Thanks,