The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

RJN

Hi

In the production environment I frequently find this error logged in the
log file.

at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium()
at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState()

*** The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. ---

Whenever a system error occurs we're logging into the error log. And if
error occurs , users are taken to the error page. But I find when the
view state error occurs users not taken to the error page, but are taken
to the login page.

I couldn't get much info on the view state error . Any idea how this can
be simulated? Could it occur when new files are copied into the
production server but the user is trying to access the page which are
already opened on the browser?

Regards

RJN

RJN

I tried the sample given in the microsoft link. I could not reproduce
the same behaviour. Moreover we've set the second parameter of
Server.Transfer as false in our code. The link says viewstate error
occurs when we have set this parameter to true.

Thanks