this is more of a vs2k8 question but this is the best place for it

WebBuilder451

I'd love to be able to have two views for a site in VS2K8. My local on my
hard drive
and the one on the web.

I'd settle for just opening a project and seeing all files with the option
of opening it from the web (via ftp) which just loads it down to my hd for
work. Then on save saves it locally but gives me the option (some where) to
put the files to the server?

can this be done?????????? (do it all the time in Dreamweaver many years
now) THIS HAS TO BE DOABLE SOMWWHERE???? HELP!

--
(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)

kes

Andy

hmmmm....

You configure your Visual Studio projects through a bunch of seperate
configuration files which are all controlled through Visual Studio's
Project-->projectName Properties dialog. This dialog has both a
configuration and platfrom dropbox which allow you to specify amongst
other things the locations of files for a particular configuration.
You could specify one configuration for release builds, and another
for debug builds. This, ineffect, can give you different views for
the same thing.

But, in general practice, this feature isn't meant to toggle views as
much as it is meant to be used to quickly reconfigure a project for
different environments. Normally, you develop your project using a
single view - the one you initially setup the project for.

WebBuilder451

thank you Andy, I got spoiled with DW integrating a source control and live
vs test vs development views. I keep hoping maybe next version