timeout

Agos

I wrote a small application in ASP.NET for my office. It's used in intranet.
The users are about 30 persons.
After a while they started complayning that after about 20 minutes the
application
logs them off (wich is the default value of an APS application I think).
They want to remain logged on for all the 8 hours they work.
I tryed to modify some parameters but I couldn't change the result.
In Web.Config I inserted
<sessionState timeout="480"/>
then
IIS -> My Application -> Property -> ASP.NET -> Modify Configuartion ->
State management -> Session timeout minutes: 480
and also
IIS -> My Application -> Property -> Virtual Directtory -> Configuration ->
Options -> timeout session -> 480 minutes

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Agos

Teemu Keiski

IIS's session state configuration does not affect ASP.NET (until in Vista
where ASP.NET and IIS is better integrated)

If you have already set session timeout, are you using forms authentication?
It has its own timeout as well.

Agos

Teemu Keiski said:
IIS's session state configuration does not affect ASP.NET (until in Vista
where ASP.NET and IIS is better integrated)

If you have already set session timeout, are you using forms
authentication? It has its own timeout as well.
Thank you Teemu,
yes I'm using form authentication.
I think you are talking about timeout cookie in IIS-> My Application ->
Properties -> ASP.NET -> Modify configuration -> Authentication -> Timeout
cookie

or is it just a parameter I should put in Web.Config?

Thaks again

bye bye

Agos

Teemu Keiski

Ah, from there yes it is ASP.NET affecting configuration. Yes you should
tweak authentication timeout as well in taht case. It defaults to 20 or 30
minutes.