Tix.Tk() on Mac Intel

Alan

Hi List!

I have I Macbook Pro Intel running OSX 10.4.10.

I downloaded Python 2.5 and tried
TclTkAquaBI-8.4.10.0.dmg, but I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tix.py",
line 210, in __init__
self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
_tkinter.TclError: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Tcl/Tix8.4/libTix8.4.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Which make sense since tcltkaqua is released only for PPC. Googling a
bit, since tcltkaqua stopped development, I found they recommended
ActiveTcl, but Tix is not included in the package.

So removing tcltkaqua and ActiveTcl, when trying Tix.Tk() I got:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tix.py",
line 210, in __init__
self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
_tkinter.TclError: can't find package Tix

The only way I got Tix.Tk() working so far was using Fink but I want
the nice aqua visual for python. Is there any way of getting it
working?

I would appreciate any help here.
Many thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Alan

Kevin Walzer

Alan said:
[...]

You'll need to build Tix yourself from source, and Tix must be built in
the same directory as the Tcl/Tk source tree (so you'll at least need to
download and untar those source trees).

Kevin Walzer