From: Nigel Wilkinson <[email protected]>
Subject: Tk text widget and tk_textCut
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:19:25 +0900
Can anyone help me in how to use this with Ruby/Tk

Which version of Ruby/Tk do you use?
On 1.8.1 or later, the command is supported.
$ grep -A 3 -B 3 textCut /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/*.rb
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/text.rb-
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/text.rb- def text_cut
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/text.rb- # Tk8.4 feature
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/text.rb: tk_call_without_enc('tk_textCut', @path)
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/text.rb- self
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/text.rb- end
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/text.rb-