Tkinter and gnuplot module

Titi Anggono

Hi all,

I have some questions:

1. Can we use Tkinter for web application such as Java
?
2. I use gnuplot.py module for interfacing with
gnuplot in linux. Can we make the plot result shown in
web ? I tried using cgi, and it didn't work.

Thanks

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

ncf

Because Tkinter is for GUI development on systems, and thereof, there
is no plugin for browsers, I do not believe it to be possible to use
Tkinter in a client's browser.

If gnuplot.py allows you to save a plot to disk or get the plot's image
file as a binary string, it should be possible to send a plot to a
client's web browser.

HTH, -Wes

Grant Edwards

1. Can we use Tkinter for web application such as Java?

No. You can't use Tkinter in a Java app, since Tkinter is a
Python module (unless it works with Jython).
2. I use gnuplot.py module for interfacing with gnuplot in
linux. Can we make the plot result shown in web ? I tried
using cgi, and it didn't work.

Sure. Just plot to a .png file and serve up the .png file.