    please alos tell me how to find 3's,4's,5's,6's,7's,8's complements.
    regards
    vijay

    vijaybaskar3108, Mar 25, 2007

  2. Doesn't you textbook tell you that? And have you tried google? And what
    part of the questions concern C++? (Perhaps comp.programming would be
    more useful.) Before making your next post take a little while to read
    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html, sections 5.2 and
    5.9 might be of special interest.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Mar 25, 2007

  3. Hi there,

    The principle of making a compliment number is quite simple like
    binary calculation.

    If you wanna make a 2's compliment of 10110, it is 01010 because when
    you make a sum of 10110 and 01010 , the result becomes 100000.
    However, the digits were only 5 bits so we don't care about the 1 in
    the front. In addition, both number must be based on the same number
    system.

    I apologize about my bad explanation =P

    Here is another example...

    Let's do the 8's complement of 7436. 7436 is a number of base 8 so try
    to make 1 0000 in this time.

    7436(8) + 4(8) = 7440 (8)
    7440(8) + 40(8) = 7500 (8)
    7500(8) + 500(8) = 10000 (8)

    so the 8's complement of 7436 is 0544(8).

    Does it make sense to you?

    I hope you understand this.

    Cheers,

    Alexander D. B. Kim, Mar 25, 2007
  4. You're little bit mean, mate =P Quire right though. =)

    Cheers,

    Alexander D. B. Kim, Mar 25, 2007
  5. vijaybaskar3108

    Marvin825

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Question? Shouldn't it be 564? Instead of 544?
    He made a mistake in adding 7440 to make it 7500. :)
    Just want to inform you guys. Am studying the diminished radix and radix complement this semester. :)

    Marvin825, Aug 1, 2012
  6. vijaybaskar3108

    R.Mahima

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    In octal , the decimal numbers 8 and 9 are represented as 10 and 11 .

    Octal decimal
    00 00
    01 01
    02 02
    03 03
    04 04
    05 05
    06 06
    07 07
    10 08
    11 09
    12 10
    13 11
    14 12
    15 13
    16 14
    17 15​
    So it means if you add 7440 and 40 in octal you get 7500☺

    R.Mahima, Oct 26, 2019