tomcat-maven-plugin problem - mvn is looking for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-tomcat-plugin

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marcin Cenkier, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I'm trying to use tomcat-maven-plugin from
    http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/

    But when I type mvn tomcat:deploy, i get

    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Design Council
    [INFO] task-segment: [tomcat:deploy]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'tomcat'.
    [ERROR] project-execute : myapp:myapp:war:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT (
    task-segment: [tomcat:deploy] )
    Diagnosis: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-tomcat-plugin'
    does not exist or no valid version could be found
    FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
    org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
    '*org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-tomcat-plugin*' does not exist or no
    valid version could be found

    But I don't even have 'maven-tomcat-plugin' configured in my pom.xml!
    I've tried removing whole repository, but the problem persists. I'm just
    wondering if there is a way to make maven use a specific plugin for the
    shortname tomcat?

    Marcin Cenkier, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Marcin Cenkier napisa³(a):
    hey, I resolver the conflict by calling:

    mvn org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin:deploy

    'Invalid task 'kasza': you must specify a valid lifecycle phase, or a
    goal in the format plugin:goal or
    *pluginGroupId:pluginArtifactId:pluginVersion:goal*'

    Marcin Cenkier, Apr 12, 2006