tomcat-maven-plugin problem - mvn is looking for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-tomcat-plugin

Marcin Cenkier

Hi,

I'm trying to use tomcat-maven-plugin from
http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/

But when I type mvn tomcat:deploy, i get

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Design Council
[INFO] task-segment: [tomcat:deploy]
[INFO]
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'tomcat'.
[ERROR] project-execute : myapp:myapp:war:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT (
task-segment: [tomcat:deploy] )
Diagnosis: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-tomcat-plugin'
does not exist or no valid version could be found
FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'*org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-tomcat-plugin*' does not exist or no
valid version could be found

But I don't even have 'maven-tomcat-plugin' configured in my pom.xml!
I've tried removing whole repository, but the problem persists. I'm just
wondering if there is a way to make maven use a specific plugin for the
shortname tomcat?

Marcin Cenkier

Marcin Cenkier napisa³(a):
I'm just
wondering if there is a way to make maven use a specific plugin for the
shortname tomcat?

hey, I resolver the conflict by calling:

mvn org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin:deploy

'Invalid task 'kasza': you must specify a valid lifecycle phase, or a
goal in the format plugin:goal or
*pluginGroupId:pluginArtifactId:pluginVersion:goal*'