    : Can I do anything here.

    Send them to Jail. Do not Pass Go.

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Aug 31, 2005

  2. Sid Ismail

    Des Guest

    Hi I am wondering if any knows of a quick fix for me here. I have
    several guys involved in writing the website. They have little or
    no knolege of this. but I am forced to accept it. The code is not good.

    What they want is the text on the page to have a grey background. I am
    using a style sheet, but everytime they fave a go the pages are full of

    Can I do anything here. the top of the page here has some grey behind
    the text.

    TIA Desmond.

    http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/development/courses.php

    Des, Sep 1, 2005

  3. Sid Ismail

    Rincewind Guest

    Yes take away their copy of FrontPage any text editor works a lot better,
    point them to Google for tutorials and make them check their work at
    http://validator.w3.org/ for HTML and http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    for CSS, regularly.

    At present there is no way you will get the results you want with the rrors
    that are in the page and with the Doctype you are using.

    Rincewind, Sep 1, 2005
  4. Sid Ismail

    Rincewind Guest

    That should be the fact that your not using a Doctype.

    Rincewind, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Sid Ismail

    Des Guest

    Thanks for that. Can anyone help further. In all this rubbish code that
    these other guys have
    added is a form action= http://www.s125220182.websitehome.co.uk

    If I go to this url I find myself at the home page. what is a
    s125220182

    Desmond.

    Des, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Sid Ismail

    Obvious Guest

    Its the name of a page on your server.

    Obvious, Sep 1, 2005
  7. Sid Ismail

    Fugetaboutit Guest

    I think you have a bigger problem at the top of
    http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/development/email.php.

    Fugetaboutit, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Sid Ismail

    dorayme Guest

    No one knows that others are also writing the website? :)
    Normally yes, there are ways and means. If you are you prepared
    to do whatever it takes. But I understand that "turning the
    other cheek" is a central Christian tenet and, given your
    website subject, you would be reluctant to force the issue.
    Perhaps you are just employed in a technical capacity and do not
    practice the religion concerned? Still, it could look bad to get
    some big unpleasant types to pay these guys a little visit and
    explain your concerns, that they are to only supply text and
    leave the mark up and style to you and that you will not allow a
    table to be 900px wide etc etc because not everyone has huge
    screens or wants to scroll horizontally etc etc...
    The top of the page behind the text. The top of THE page behind
    the text. THE top of the page behind the text. The TOP of the
    page behind the text. The top of the page behind the TEXT.

    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 1, 2005