too many cooks

Sid Ismail

: What they want is the text on the page to have a grey background. I am
: using a style sheet, but everytime they fave a go the pages are full of
: <font ... etc>
:
: Can I do anything here.

Send them to Jail. Do not Pass Go.

Sid

Des

Hi I am wondering if any knows of a quick fix for me here. I have
several guys involved in writing the website. They have little or
no knolege of this. but I am forced to accept it. The code is not good.

What they want is the text on the page to have a grey background. I am
using a style sheet, but everytime they fave a go the pages are full of

Can I do anything here. the top of the page here has some grey behind
the text.

TIA Desmond.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/development/courses.php

Rincewind

Hi I am wondering if any knows of a quick fix for me here. I have
several guys involved in writing the website. They have little or
no knolege of this. but I am forced to accept it. The code is not good.

What they want is the text on the page to have a grey background. I am
using a style sheet, but everytime they fave a go the pages are full of

Can I do anything here. the top of the page here has some grey behind
the text.

TIA Desmond.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/development/courses.php

Yes take away their copy of FrontPage any text editor works a lot better,
point them to Google for tutorials and make them check their work at
http://validator.w3.org/ for HTML and http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
for CSS, regularly.

At present there is no way you will get the results you want with the rrors
that are in the page and with the Doctype you are using.

Rincewind

At present there is no way you will get the results you want with the rrors
that are in the page and with the Doctype you are using.

That should be the fact that your not using a Doctype.

Fugetaboutit

Hi I am wondering if any knows of a quick fix for me here. I have
several guys involved in writing the website. They have little or
no knolege of this. but I am forced to accept it. The code is not good.

What they want is the text on the page to have a grey background. I am
using a style sheet, but everytime they fave a go the pages are full of

Can I do anything here. the top of the page here has some grey behind
the text.

TIA Desmond.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/development/courses.php

I think you have a bigger problem at the top of
http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/development/email.php.

dorayme

From: "Des said:
Hi I am wondering if any knows of a quick fix for me here. I have
several guys involved in writing the website. They have little or
no knolege of this.

No one knows that others are also writing the website? :)
but I am forced to accept it. The code is not good.

What they want is the text on the page to have a grey background. I am
using a style sheet, but everytime they fave a go the pages are full of

Can I do anything here.

Normally yes, there are ways and means. If you are you prepared
to do whatever it takes. But I understand that "turning the
other cheek" is a central Christian tenet and, given your
website subject, you would be reluctant to force the issue.
Perhaps you are just employed in a technical capacity and do not
practice the religion concerned? Still, it could look bad to get
some big unpleasant types to pay these guys a little visit and
explain your concerns, that they are to only supply text and
leave the mark up and style to you and that you will not allow a
table to be 900px wide etc etc because not everyone has huge
screens or wants to scroll horizontally etc etc...
the top of the page here has some grey behind the text.

The top of the page behind the text. The top of THE page behind
the text. THE top of the page behind the text. The TOP of the