Too many scripts

simplicity

This is erratic and not always reproducible.

I have a large amount of data (SOAP) that I must parse and every one
in a while, especially on slower machines the warning pops up about
too many scripts running. I did a lot of optimizing but it's providing
only partial solution.

Is there a way to turn this warning off and force the browser to run
the script no matter how long it takes (both Firefox and IE)?

Joost Diepenmaat

simplicity said:
This is erratic and not always reproducible.

I have a large amount of data (SOAP) that I must parse and every one
in a while, especially on slower machines the warning pops up about
too many scripts running. I did a lot of optimizing but it's providing
only partial solution.

Is there a way to turn this warning off and force the browser to run
the script no matter how long it takes (both Firefox and IE)?

There's a "too many scripts" warning? What browser gives that useless
warning?

If your browser's blocking too long, you can split up the processing and
schedule using the setTimeout function.

for instance, instead of:

for (var i =0; i < 100000; i++) {
doSomethingSlow();
}

do something like:

var i = 0;
function schedule() {
for (var j = 0; j < 100; j++) {
doSomethingSlow();
}
if (++i < 10) {
setTimeout(schedule,5);
}
else {
alert('done');
schedule();
function doSomethingSlow() {};

simplicity

There's a "too many scripts" warning? What browser gives that useless
warning?

If your browser's blocking too long, you can split up the processing and
schedule using the setTimeout function.

for instance, instead of:

for (var i =0; i < 100000; i++) {
doSomethingSlow();

}

do something like:

var i = 0;
function schedule() {
for (var j = 0; j < 100; j++) {
doSomethingSlow();
}
if (++i < 10) {
setTimeout(schedule,5);
}
else {
alert('done');
}}

schedule();
function doSomethingSlow() {};

I have seen it in IE but I was told it was also seen in Firefox.