    only partial solution.

    Is there a way to turn this warning off and force the browser to run
    the script no matter how long it takes (both Firefox and IE)?

    simplicity, Mar 17, 2008

  2. There's a "too many scripts" warning? What browser gives that useless
    warning?

    If your browser's blocking too long, you can split up the processing and
    schedule using the setTimeout function.

    for instance, instead of:

    for (var i =0; i < 100000; i++) {
    doSomethingSlow();
    }

    do something like:

    var i = 0;
    function schedule() {
    for (var j = 0; j < 100; j++) {
    doSomethingSlow();
    }
    if (++i < 10) {
    setTimeout(schedule,5);
    }
    else {
    alert('done');
    schedule();
    function doSomethingSlow() {};

    Joost Diepenmaat, Mar 17, 2008

  3. simplicity

    simplicity Guest

    I have seen it in IE but I was told it was also seen in Firefox.

    simplicity, Mar 17, 2008