Too many variable.

flemming eriksen

Dear NG.

IIS5 (and II6) , ASP 3.0.; W2k, WS03.

A websolution has a login-page, transaction page (just reading data), and
logout-page

Under heavy load I get in the IIS-Log : Too many variables (Microsoft OLE DB
privider for V.FoxPro: Too many Variables).

I have written a testprogram to call the three pages (login, tranaction,
logout) and in one run, I login for 8 users.(in diffenet threads)
Running the program 7 times on one pc gave the "Too many variables'. Restart
IIS, and I get it agin. (depending on memory).
Ah simple, I thought, programming bug - a connection is open, or I forget to
close (nothing ) to stuff..
I removed all the close stuff, and would expect the bug come up earlier, but
it came exacly at the 7. run again. Hm.

In the transaction and login I have code as

CreateObject("ADODB.Commad)
Add parameters to a select statement with "?"
execute the command (not yet closed)
Create new Command
Add parameters to select statement with "?"
execute the command

hereafter I close the stuff.

IF I remove one of the parameterised "command-executes", I can run upto 20
times until the bug shows up.
So it seems as some management of the memory/variables isn't given free,
when I say it.

Can anybody give a hint where to look?
IIS must somwhow remember the test-prog ran before (as though the
connections/logout were not performed)

Regards,
flemming

Rob Greene

Could this be Visual Fox Pro not handling the close?

-rwg
This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!