too much unrelated stuff in this group

fulio pen

Is it possible to turn this group to a moderated one? All messages
have to go to the moderator first. They will decide whether or not a
message will be published here. .

dorayme

<[email protected]
fulio pen said:
Is it possible to turn this group to a moderated one? All messages
have to go to the moderator first. They will decide whether or not a
message will be published here. .

Usenet is unmoderated but you can be your own moderator to some
extent by not using Google Groups, getting a decent newsreader
and using filters.

I am in an unusually situation. I taught a cat to read usenet and
I let it loose on it before I look - it thinks it is *just*
playing with the mouse - which it loves. She deletes all posts
that are irrelevant, overpointed or overearful (or both), lacking
in humility and, she is still learning this one, highlighting in
orange (as a warning) any posts from folk who do not know about
Luigi.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme <[email protected]>
writing in 211.hsd1.mi.comcast.net:
I taught a cat to read usenet and
I let it loose on it before I look - it thinks it is *just*
playing with the mouse - which it loves. She deletes all posts
that are irrelevant, overpointed or overearful (or both), lacking
in humility and, she is still learning this one, highlighting in
orange (as a warning) any posts from folk who do not know about
Luigi.

Is this the cat in question? <http://tinyurl.com/247zcz>

<http://my.opera.com/arbpen/albums/showpic.dml?album=281941&picture=
4164259>

fulio pen

I haven't noticed much of what you say. Perhaps it's a case of weeding
out what does not interest you?

What bothers me is that you don't respond to help provided to you. You
do that to many more and nobody will offer you help in the future.

There were many postings of adult content. I've seen them. It is good
that didn't see them. Some groups are moderated. The best solution is
make this group one of them. I have a cat, but don't think it will
help me. Will try to teach her later.

idle

There were many postings of adult content. I've seen them. It is good
that didn't see them. Some groups are moderated. The best solution is
make this group one of them. I have a cat, but don't think it will
help me. Will try to teach her later.

That's because you're using googlegroups.
If you want control over /your/ usenet, get a usenet access account and
a decent newsreader. Until then, you get what you pay for.

TK

That's because you're using googlegroups.
If you want control over /your/ usenet, get a usenet access account and
a decent newsreader. Until then, you get what you pay for.

All you really have to invest is a little effort.
news.eternal-september.org and Thunderbird are both free, handle (block)
spam/people you do not want to see etc.

fulio pen

I haven't. But then I'm not using a broken, crippled, spam-laden portal
to access newsgroups, either.

Download a real newsreader (such as Thunderbird), get a free newsserver
account at eternal-september.org, stop using Google's stupid interface,
and you won't see them either.

No, it's not. The best solutions, in order of preference, are: get a
real newsreader as suggested above; learn to ignore things you don't
like; quit complaining.

Thanks to all for your help. I posted a message to another group and
received the following response:

New topic submitted to moderators of SVG Web for review. Your post
will appear in this group after it is approved by moderators.

Is it good for our group to do the same thing? Thanks again for your
consideration.

fulio pen

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,
fulio pen said:
Thanks to all for your help. I posted a message to another group and
received the following response:

New topic submitted to moderators of SVG Web for review. Your post
will appear in this group after it is approved by moderators.

Is it good for our group to do the same thing? Thanks again for your
consideration.

This poster seems not to read the replies to him. Perhaps it is
because he is the ghost of Luigi. Normal ghosts are themselves
invisible. But, being Luigi's ghost, it is different. A Luigi
ghost does not see what he walks into.

Doug Miller

Thanks to all for your help. I posted a message to another group and
received the following response:

New topic submitted to moderators of SVG Web for review. Your post
will appear in this group after it is approved by moderators.

Is it good for our group to do the same thing? Thanks again for your
consideration.
No, it is not. As stated before, you need to either:
a) get a real newsreader and stop using Google's broken, s**t-for-brains
portal
b) learn to ignore things you don't like
or
c) STFU.

Since you don't appear capable of either a) or b), right now, I'm
suggesting that you STFU.