Tool for buffer overflow prevention

dati_remo

Which is the best tool for buffer overflow to use during debug?

What about Rational Purify?

Best Regards

Karthik Kumar

Which is the best tool for buffer overflow to use during debug?

The answer would depend on the implementation that you are using.
If you are using GNU C/C++ mtrace utility can really help you
to prevent buffer overflow.
There is ElectricFence that can help you identify on most GNU systems
as well.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Which is the best tool for buffer overflow to use during debug?

I've heard good things about valgrind. <ot>If you happen to be using
a Borland compiler, you can use the heapcheck() routine.</ot>