Tool: XML Schema -> XML

markus.meier

Hi,

I'm searching a tool to generate XML files based on an existing XML
schema file. Does somebody know a free tool that supports this
feature?

Thanks Markus

Joe Kesselman

I'm searching a tool to generate XML files based on an existing XML
schema file. Does somebody know a free tool that supports this
feature?

Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
documents that conform to that schema), ...?

markus.meier

Do you mean "generate" (random test files), "render" (map data from some
other source into that schema), "edit" (help a user interactively build
documents that conform to that schema), ...?

Sorry for not being that precise. I mean "edit" in the sense of
helping an user interactively build documents that are valid to a
specific schema.

dick.deneer

Sorry for not being that precise. I mean "edit" in the sense of
helping an user interactively build documents that are valid to a
specific schema.

I have made a freeware XML editor that can generate XML files orm a
xsd:
- right click the xsd in the filetree and choose "Generate XML".
You can then validate (click the validate button) the generated XML
and you will be guided (by error messages and by the editor itself) to
make a valid XML. It will help to display the schema tree structure
while you are editing the xml; you can do this by again right-clicking
the xsd and choosing "Show schema in tree".
See XMLSpear at http://www.donkeydevelopment.com