Trouble compiling win32all on Windows

robert

I've trouble compiling win32all. VC98 and latest SDK installed (otherwise with original SDK it won't even compile).
It tells that uuid.lib(cguid_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debug info is destroyed. This lib file is in the SDK file tree. What should I do?

( a cguid_i.* file is not in this SDK tree )

C:\usr\src\pywin32-210>python setup.py -q build
Building pywin32 2.3.210.0
PyACL.cpp
PyDEVMODE.cpp
PyHANDLE.cpp
PyIID.cpp
PyLARGE_INTEGER.cpp
PyOVERLAPPED.cpp
PySECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.cpp
PySECURITY_DESCRIPTOR.cpp
PySID.cpp
PyTime.cpp
PyUnicode.cpp
PyWAVEFORMATEX.cpp
PyWinTypesmodule.cpp
Bibliothek build\temp.win32-2.3\Release\win32\src\pywintypes23.lib und Objekt
build\temp.win32-2.3\Release\win32\src\pywintypes23.exp wird erstellt
uuid.lib(cguid_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: Debug-Informationen beschaedigt; Mo
dul muss neu kompiliert werden.
error: command '"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN\link.exe"' failed
with exit status 1103

C:\usr\src\pywin32-210>

robert

Ross Ridge

robert said:
I've trouble compiling win32all. VC98 and latest SDK installed
(otherwise with original SDK it won't even compile).
It tells that uuid.lib(cguid_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debug info
is destroyed.

The library isn't compatable with the compiler you're using. You'll
need to use an older version of the Platform SDK that supports your
compiler.

Ross Ridge

robert

Ross said:
The library isn't compatable with the compiler you're using. You'll
need to use an older version of the Platform SDK that supports your
compiler.

thanks. the last Windows SDK supporting VC6 (Py2.3) is February 2003 Edition.

If someone seeks here:

MS' front pages tell you need to get it via CD.
Yet this SDK exists (well hidden) on the net here:

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/psdk-full.htm

wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.1.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.2.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.3.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.4.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.5.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.6.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.7.cab

wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.8.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e/win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.9.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl.../win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.10.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl.../win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.11.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl.../win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.12.cab
wget http://download.microsoft.com/downl.../win98mexp/en-us/3790.0/FULL/PSDK-FULL.13.cab

one needs to set IE as default browser during installation. otherwise setup.exe will fail.

robert