trying to read a list of files

sazykin

I'm trying to read a list of files, have a loop through the loop but
onli one file is going through the InputStream - the first one the rest
just dont....

something is missing......

here is the code:

FileDialog fd = new FileDialog(parent, "Please choose a file:",
FileDialog.LOAD);
fd.show();
String selectedDir = fd.getDirectory();
if (selectedDir == null) {
// no file selected
} else {

File dir = new File( selectedDir);

String[] filelist = dir.list();
if (filelist == null) {
// Either dir does not exist or is not a directory
} else {
for (int i=0; i<filelist.length; i++) {
// Get filename of file or directory
String filename = filelist;
//filter for seg files.
FilenameFilter filter = new FilenameFilter() {
public boolean accept(File dir, String name) {
return name.endsWith(".seg");
}
};
filelist = dir.list(filter); //our file list of seg2
files is ready
//for (int i=0; i<filelist.length; i++){
//System.out.println(selectedDir+filelist);}

for (int i=1; i<filelist.length; i++){
//start loop through the list of files

try {

File file = new File( selectedDir + filelist);
System.out.println("!!!"+file);
InputStream is = new FileInputStream(file);
DataInputStream dis = new DataInputStream( is );
long length = file.length();

if (length > Integer.MAX_VALUE) {
throw new IOException("File is too large");
}
else {
System.out.println("TEST"+file);

byte[] bytes = new byte[(int)length];
int offset = 0;
int numRead = 0;
while (offset < bytes.length &&
(numRead = is.read(bytes, offset, bytes.length-offset) )
offset += numRead;

}
System.out.println("offset=="+offset);

if (offset < bytes.length) {
throw new IOException("Could not completely read file
"+file.getName());
}

dis.close();
is.close();

and so on...........

} catch (Exception e){e.printStackTrace();}
}//close main for loop through the list of files

any help... please...

Andrew Thompson

I'm trying to ..

...post to all known Java groups?
Please refrain from multi-posting.

Note that Google groups interface offers to
'Separate multiple groups with commas' which
is what I did - posting to both c.l.j.p and c.l.j.help.
I have set the follow ups to c.l.j.programmer only.

BTW - please remove 'tab' characters from code
before posting to Usenet newsgroups, as most news
clients display a *very* large space for tab chars.

Andrew T.

sazykin

sorry guys, it works fine I just screw up somewhere in the middle now
it fixed....
if anyone needs to read all files in a dir they can use it.
enjoy....