turning on/off caps/num/scroll locks

kingofkolt

Is it possible to turn on/off the scroll, caps, and num locks on a user's
computer using javascript? It's somewhat hard to explain what I need this
for, but if there is a way for this to be done, please let me know...

Thanks
- JP

Richard Cornford

kingofkolt said:
Is it possible to turn on/off the scroll, caps, and num locks on a
user's computer using javascript? It's somewhat hard to explain what
I need this for, but if there is a way for this to be done, please
let me know...

No, that cannot be done.

Richard.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <NdtCc.83486$Hg2.83466@attbi_s04>, seen in
Is it possible to turn on/off the scroll, caps, and num locks on a user's
computer using javascript? It's somewhat hard to explain what I need this
for, but if there is a way for this to be done, please let me know...

The default assumption here in c.l.j is that javascript will be executed
in an Internet Web page.

The executing system is therefore not necessarily a PC. In particular,
it may not have the corresponding controls, and may behave as if each of
them were either on or off.

Web javascript rightly has AFAIK no influence over those controls; but
javascript under WSH *might* reasonably be able to do it.

But you could use something like

confirm("If you have any such controls, please set them to the off
condition and select OK. If you cannot or will not comply, select
Cancel.")