[Twisted] Sessions validity

Frantisek Fuka

Sorry for posting this here but I got no reaction when asking in
twisted-web mailing list:

Twisted stores the Session objects using cookies. I'd like to know how
long these Sessions last (it seems to be 30 minutes?) and - more
importantly - I'd like my application to be able to set different
Session timeouts for different users. I need some of the users (just
some!) to be able not to click on anything on the site for several hours
and still be logged in afterwards, when they click.

Is there a way to do this cleanly or do I have to change the Twisted
sources? (I admit I am not very proficient with the cookies)

Jp Calderone

Sorry for posting this here but I got no reaction when asking in
twisted-web mailing list:

Twisted stores the Session objects using cookies. I'd like to know how
long these Sessions last (it seems to be 30 minutes?) and - more
importantly - I'd like my application to be able to set different
Session timeouts for different users. I need some of the users (just
some!) to be able not to click on anything on the site for several hours
and still be logged in afterwards, when they click.

Is there a way to do this cleanly or do I have to change the Twisted
sources? (I admit I am not very proficient with the cookies)

The default is 60 seconds before login occurs, 30 minutes afterwards. It
is changed by calling "setLifetime" on the GuardSession.

Jp

Frantisek Fuka

Jp said:
The default is 60 seconds before login occurs, 30 minutes afterwards. It
is changed by calling "setLifetime" on the GuardSession.

Thank you very much!