Two idle questions

Edward K. Ream

I've asked these questions on idle-dev with no answer.

1. How can code tell whether it is being run from Idle's debugger?

2. How can code being run from Idle's debugger simulate a breakpoint, such
as pdb.set_trace() does?

Yes, pdb.set_trace() does work, but I want to enable idle's debugging
console and get all of Idle's nice debugging features.

Thanks.

Edward

P.S. I've studied Idle's debugger code for several hours and the answers
are not exactly jumping out at me :) Perhaps it would be good to create
wrapper functions (no idea where) to make these tasks easier. Or maybe they
already exist?

EKR