Two versions of the same site.

UJ

I have two versions of the same site - one is in maint mode, the other
development. What's the easiest way to keep them separate? At the moment I
have just the one directory on my workstation and I have to copy the stuff
in an out. ( I started with the original product and just changed it. I
didn't create a new project. )

What's the easiest way to have both version available at the same time? I
was thinking of creating two new projects in two separate directories and
then copy the old one to OLD and the new one to NEW (or some such name) but
if I do that, will the project load correctly? Is the local address it will
look for when it goes out to the web the name of the project or is it
embedded somewhere in the project.

TIA - Jeff.

David Wier

I generally have two separate servers - I develop on my own computer, then,
when it's ready for testing, I copy it all to my Developing/Test server -
from there, it goes into production - but there is no problem copying from
one to the other.

If you don't have the luxury of separate computers - just create separate
virtual directories - once the files are complete - copy what's needed into
the Finished folder.

David Wier
MVP/ASPInsider
http://aspnet101.com