typedef forward declare

santosh

Yevgen said:
Could you try to find those links in CBFalconer replies? Not
in threads elsewhere, but in the C's replies in this thread, the
ones you're defending here.

You're right. Normally he includes his standard "newbie introduction"
sig, but not in this thread.

[snip]
Chuck's post would also serve a useful purpose, if people took the
small amount of time needed to visit some of the links and inform
themselves about good etiquette.

I even did visit a link there, couple of times, got some nice useful
advertisements. Anyway, those links were not in the posts you're
defending here.

IIRC, except one, the other links are quite good and lead to lean
sites.

<snip>

I can your, (and krisha's), perspective too.

This thread is a reason why people considering on posting here are
encouraged to lurk for a few weeks and read the FAQ. Both are of
immense help in adopting local etiquette and finding answers to most
of the common newbie questions.

In my case, I lurked here for about six months before my first active
participation. That was, in part, the reason why I, (probably), didn't
make the usual newbie mistakes of failing to quote, snipping
attributions or top-posting; (the other reason being that I never got
into the top-posting habit, which I rather strongly dislike).