Ubigraph vs Matplotlib (dynamic plotting, event handling)

Ala

Hello everyone,

I intend to use python for some network graph plotting, with event
handling (clicking on network nodes, zooming in/out etc..) and so far I
have come across two good candidates which are Matplotlib and Ubigraph.

Did anyone have any experience with either of them for dynamic plotting
(a slider bar on a Qt interface causing the graph to be replotted for
each value for example), as well as event handling? (it seems on first
notice that Ubigraph will have an upperhand on that), as well as event
handling such as mouse clicks? (on this one Matplotlib has good
documentation showing it does achieve that while I find ubigraph's
documentation lacking, but I'd preffere to have the opinion of those
who have used them before).

Thank you.

Che M

Hello everyone,

I intend to use python for some network graph plotting, with event
handling (clicking on network nodes, zooming in/out etc..) and so far I
have come across two good candidates which are Matplotlib and Ubigraph.

Did anyone have any experience with either of them for dynamic plotting
(a slider bar on a Qt interface causing the graph to be replotted for
each value for example), as well as event handling? (it seems on first
notice that Ubigraph will have an upperhand on that), as well as event
handling such as mouse clicks? (on this one Matplotlib has good
documentation showing it does achieve that while I find ubigraph's
documentation lacking, but I'd preffere to have the opinion of those
who have used them before).

Thank you.

I have used Matplotlib for both uses. It has a built-in toolbar that
allows for changing the plot (zoom, pan, etc), and has good support
for point picking (clicking on a datapoint to do send an event). You
could probably connect the QT slider to the zoom function without much
trouble, and Matplotlib is embeddable in QT GUIs.