undefined method `run_init_script' for Debugger:Module

Fritz Trapper

I'm new with ruby and rails.

My environmant is RadRails running on Ubuntu 9.04 with ruby 1.8.7

After I started the debug server from RadRails, I got this output

Fast Debugger (ruby-debug-ide 0.4.5) listens on localhost:44275
=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails 2.1.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
** Rails loaded.
** Signals ready. TERM => stop. USR2 => restart. INT => stop (no
restart).
** Rails signals registered. HUP => reload (without restart). It might
not work well.
** Mongrel 1.1.5 available at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Use CTRL-C to stop.

Looks well. But executing a debugger statement in my controller, rails
crashes with this message:

undefined method `run_init_script' for Debugger:Module

The first backtrace line is:

/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-debug-base-0.10.3/lib/ruby-debug-base.rb:239:in
`debugger'

The next is the debuger line in my controller.

How to fix this?

Fritz Trapper

It seems to be a RadRails issue.

Running debug sevrer from a terminal window and rails console from
another one works well.