how to enable debugging on the server?

Bryan Lockwood

Wanting to run the script/server in debugger mode, my dialog looked
like this:

ruby script/server --debugger
=> Booting WEBrick
=> Rails 2.3.4 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
You need to install ruby-debug to run the server in debugging mode.
With gems, use 'gem install

OK, so I installed:

sudo gem install ruby-debug
Password:
Successfully installed ruby-debug-0.10.3
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for ruby-debug-0.10.3...
Installing RDoc documentation for ruby-debug-0.10.3...

Great, so I try again:

ruby script/server --debugger
=> Booting WEBrick
=> Rails 2.3.4 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
You need to install ruby-debug to run the server in debugging mode.
With gems, use 'gem install

Hey wait, didn't I just do that? Yes, I did!

So what gives? Anyone know what I need to do to enable debugging on
the server?

Bryan Lockwood

Marnen Laibow-Koser

Bryan said:
[...]

This is a Rails question. Please take it to the Rails list.

Best,