Unexplained Application restarts

jeff29_b

I am trying to figure why my HttpApplication object is periodically
dropping out. I am running on windows 2003 with an app pool w3wp.exe
process. The perfmon for the process says that the process has been
running for 19 hours. But my applicaiton seems to have recycled. I
know this because I have some worker threads stored in the application
that are no longer running when I make a request a few hours later.
Does an application shut down after being idle even if the worker
process is still running? If so does the worker process autmatically
reload it or will not reload until another request to the page?

Chris Taylor

Hi,

Check the Application Pool properties, the default application pool recyles
the worker process every 1740 minutes and the worker process is shutdown if
idle for more than 20 minutes.

Hope this helps

jeff29_b

Yeah, I already checked that unchecked the recycling of the worker
process on idle. And like I stated the perfmon showed the proecess had
been running for 19 hours without recycle.