Unicode and IIS5

Hans

I found this articel that says that Server.HtmlEncode will screw up unicode
data. I'm using htmlencode on many pages and cannot see that data are
corrupted. It says in the "This information in this article applies to"
section that it is applicable for ASP 2.0 with IIS4 and IIS5. I thought IIS5
only supported ASP 3.0? Is the Server.HtmlEncode OK to use in ASP3.0 on
IIS5?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259352

Regards
/Hans

Mark Schupp

If you follow the link under "references" you will get to an article that
indicates the problem was fixed by a service pack in NT 4.

Or you can follow the steps listed to recreate the problem.

Hans

Hi Mark and thanks for you info!

I just don't understand why the article is applicable for IIS5 (as it says
in the "applies to"). If it is only a IIS4 problem I would imagine that the
applies to only included IIS4 (as far as I know IIS 4 cannot run Unicode
pages anyway, there are other issues than the server.htmlencode if I
remembers correct). None is happier than me if the server.htmlencode works
for IIS5 ;-))

Regards
/Hans